Welcome!

Posted 12:18 PM by Carly Monardo in
Hello, new friend. Welcome to my little project.

For the past few months, money has been tight. Like a lot of folks in the New York animation scene, I'm between jobs right now. That's fine. I don't mind being on a budget. There's a lot of unnecessary spending that goes on in the life of a youngster like me, and frankly spontaneous binge-shopping is a habit I'm happy to break. But I can't go without one big thing: FOOD!

I love cooking, I love sharing recipes, I even love food shopping. Maybe it's my Italian-American upbringing, but I just really appreciate the sense of love and community that food can foster. And of course there's the "duh" factor: when prepared well and with tasty ingredients, food is delicious! 

My fiance and I have been living on tight food budget lately, and you know what? I love it! There is a sense of satisfaction I get from knowing that I am saving money AND being good to my tummy. I'd like to pass that feeling on to you.

I find it alarming when people say you can't eat well on a tight budget. That simply isn't true. What I want is to show you that you can take that $2 you were going to spend on a life threatening Sonic burger/shake/heart disease combo and invest it in a healthier choice! 

But don't worry...there will be burgers and shakes here, too ;)


3 comment(s) to... “Welcome!”

3 comments:

Nikki Rice Malki said...

Go Carly GoGo Carly go!



Anonymous said...

This is awesome.



Sean said...

The heart disease combo is $5...



Post a Comment